The story of ‘Dancing Cranes’
Clouds, trees, flowers and flowing water shimmer in the ever-reaching glory of gold. The atmosphere is submerged in the warmth of pure light.
Tall and elegant creatures with wings spread wide and necks stretched high are led by the invisible symphony, synchronising them into the grand performance. When the rest of the world stops and observes in awe, two red-crowned cranes dance in the magic of the golden hour.
Have you ever seen their dance?
This silk scarf design represents the creative director’s vision of the dreamy and nostalgic time of the day when the sun reaches the horizon. The print is filled with warm tones of orange, yellow and red. There are motifs of clouds, flora and fauna within the artwork. Inspired by the symbolism of cranes in many ancient cultures the designer tells a story of loyalty, love, longevity and fortune. In the left lower corner and the right top corner, we can see two couples cranes dancing. It is the magic of the golden hour represented in the original painting and later, translated into the design, that awakens our imagination and makes us wonder.
- Fabric: 100% GOTS silk satin
- Size: 120 x 120 cm (may vary slightly due to hand-rolled finish)
- The silk scarf is finished with a hand-rolled hem
- Handmade in the United Kingdom
– Please note – each piece from our online shop is made after the order is placed. For more information on delivery click here –